November 2022, Vol. 16, Issue 11
The 2022 tax season is here and my staff is ready to support you during this busy time of the year. Once you receive your tax bill, I encourage you to use our convenient online payment process by visiting www.pbctax.com. And don’t forget to pay early to take advantage of the discounts offered. Paying your property taxes by November 30 will result in a 4% discount – the maximum discount offered!
Watch your mail for your tax bill to arrive after November 1 and please visit www.pbctax.com for any questions you may have regarding paying your property taxes. Keep in mind, that my office does not determine the amount of your taxes, that is determined by the property appraiser’s office and the individual taxing authorities listed on your tax bill. Questions regarding the amount of your taxes, must be directed to those offices, so review your tax bill for contact information.
Have a happy and healthy Thanksgiving holiday!
Anne M. Gannon
Constitutional Tax Collector, Serving Palm Beach County
DON’T GET STUCK WITH A LUMP SUM PROPERTY TAX PAYMENT
Did you know there is an option to pay property taxes in installments? We have an Installment Payment Plan (IPP) that allows you to pay your taxes quarterly. For new enrollees, the IPP goes into effect for the 2023 property taxes and not your current 2022 bill. Eligibility requirements are as follows:
- Your estimated property tax must total more than $100.
- Complete the online application by April 30, 2023
- The first payment must be made no later than July 31, 2023.
Want more great news? If you make your first IPP payment by June 30, 2023, you will receive a discount of nearly 4% on your property taxes! To enroll, view the payment schedule and learn more visit www.pbctax.com/ipp/.
NEW! PAYMENT PORTAL
In August, we revamped our payment portal to help users navigate the site more effectively. In doing so, we have created a few tips to help make the process of paying your property taxes online as easy as possible:
- For Owner Name searches, enter First Name[space]Last Name. Example: John Smith
- The Property Control Number can found on your tax bill. Example: 11-22-33-44-55-666-7777.
- The entire Property Control Number must be entered to perform a Property Control Number search. No need to enter the dashes.
- For addresses, enter your “Street Number” and “Street Name”.
- Completely spell out the name of the street for specific results, i.e. entering “Mount” will only return records that exactly match, it will not return “Mountain”. Do not enter the street type (Way, Street, Lane or Road).
- An asterisk (*) may be used in the field as a “wildcard” to expand results. For example, entering “Mount*” would also return “Mountain”.
- Avoid using street types (LN, ST, AVE) and directions (N, S, E, W) to return better results.
HONORING OUR VIETNAM VETERANS
It is an honor to recognize Palm Beach County’s Vietnam War Veterans. I am offering Vietnam Veterans a special commemorative lapel pin as my way of saying “thank you” for their service and sacrifice. This is the third year we have participated in this special partnership with the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV). Our office is honored to provide one pin to local veterans or their families in honor of their military service in Vietnam.
This is the official pin of the United States of America Vietnam War Commemoration, authorized by Congress to recognize the 50th anniversary of the Vietnam War. It’s a heartfelt tribute to those who served, and a way to say, “Thank you,” for their service to our country.
Requests can be made by completing a request form online at www.pbctax.com. Your pin along with my personal letter of appreciation will be mailed. Pins are available now through November 30. Veterans are only eligible to receive one pin; therefore, if you previously received your commemorative pin, no need to request again. We thank you for your service.
Important Dates and Deadlines
|November 1||Tourist Development Tax Due|
|November 1 – March 31||Property Tax Season|
|November 11||Veterans Day – Offices Closed|
|November 24-25||Thanksgiving Holiday -Offices Closed|
|November 30||Deadline for Property Tax 4% Discount|
|November 30||Hurricane Season Ends|