February 2021, Vol. 15, Issue 2
As the pandemic continues to affect nearly every aspect of our daily lives, I am taking this opportunity to share information about important safety measures implemented in our offices. I put these measures in place at the beginning of the pandemic and will continue to refine them as needed.
Even with these safety measures, we find ourselves periodically understaffed due to COVID-19. In these instances, wait times may be longer than normal, even with an appointment. If you arrive for your scheduled appointment and find there is a long wait time, please consider rescheduling your appointment for a later date or different location. I know this can be inconvenient and thank you in advance for your patience.
A quick reminder… our offices are closed Monday, Feb. 15 for Presidents’ Day, but we are always open to serve you
Anne M. Gannon
Constitutional Tax Collector, Serving Palm Beach County
Last Chance to Get a Property Tax Discount
Pay real estate and tangible personal property tax in February to receive the 1% discount on your 2020 property
taxes. There is no discount available in March. Pay smart, pay online today!
Delinquent Business Tax Notices
Have you received a delinquent business tax notice? Don’t wait! An additional $250.00 fine is applied on February 1 pursuant to Florida Statute 205.053. Pay smart, pay online at www.pbctax.com today to avoid further penalties. You can also pay by mail or drop your payment in one of our secure drop boxes located in our office lobbies during regular business hours.
Steps We Are Taking to Protect the Health of Our Employees and Clients
As this agency and our country continues to deal with the spread of COVID-19, I remain focused on protecting the health of our employees and the public. Beginning in March 2020, new processes and safety measures were implemented in every office, often ahead of county executive orders. These proactive measures were put in place to ensure this agency could continue to provide essential services in the safest manner possible.
What We’ve Done
- Required face masks or cloth face coverings of anyone entering our offices.
- Installed protective barriers at all front counters.
- Placed social distance signage and markers in all offices.
- Installed air purification systems in every office.
- Conducted mandatory onsite COVID-19 education and testing for all employees.
What We Continue to Do
- Limit our services to Palm Beach County residents and new residents only.
- Require an appointment for in-person service.
- Promote contactless payment methods in our offices.
- Provide staff with cloth face coverings, plastic gloves, hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes.
- Require daily temperature and blood oxygen level checks of all employees.
- Initiate periodic deep cleaning at all locations.
With every decision I make, I strive to balance our most urgent mission to provide essential services while protecting the health of our staff and clients. Over these past several months, we quickly learned we must remain flexible to adapt to new ways of working. Transforming how we serve you is part of my commitment to continuous improvement.
Important Dates & Deadlines
|Presidents’ Day – Offices Closed
|Last day to receive 1% property tax discount
|Born in April? You can renew your registration up to 3 months before the expiration date.