POSITION PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The purpose of this role is to supervise and coordinate efforts of system administration and support personnel while participating in the design and support of system framework to ensure continuity of operations.
- Coordinates work activities of System Administrators and Support Specialist(s);
- Maintains at atmosphere conducive to service expectations;
- Participates in selection of new team members;
- Sets expectations, and provides coaching and mentoring to identify opportunities for improvement;
- Conducts regular performance appraisals for assigned staff under the auspices of the Chief Information Officer;
- Ensures compliance with agency standards of conduct; administers corrective action as needed;
- Demonstrates support for organizational initiatives;
- Participates in the design and construction of robust, high performance,
- Enterprise data and storage fabric;
- Ensures successful design, deployment, management, and maintenance of highly reliable, mission critical server infrastructure based on physical and/or virtual solutions;
- Coordinates the design of fault tolerant, highly survivable, data storage solutions.
- Ensures successful deployment and maintenance of systems monitoring and management solutions.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Certified IT professional with Bachelor’s Degree and core competencies in following: Cisco switches, routers, and other network infrastructure components. Active Directory infrastructure and creation of GPO’s, OU’s, Powershell scripting; Enterprise network services including: DNS, DHCP, DFS, WSUS; network and Active Directory troubleshooting procedures; Microsoft Windows based virtual and physical servers (2003, 2008, 2012; VMware virtual infrastructure (vSphere 5+); EMC VNX and Fujitsu SAN storage systems; Microsoft Exchange, Communicator, Lync enterprise messaging and communications; Microsoft System Center infrastructure (SCCM, SCOM, VMM); MCSE, CCNA, VCP, and other current certifications; or any equivalent combination which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job. Must possess and maintain a valid Florida Driver’s License as local travel is required.