Call Center: 561-355-2264

Printer-friendly versionSend by email

Required Documents - Immigrant

Click to download the Checklist

Seleccione aquí para Español

Immigrants renewing, replacing or applying for a new driver license or ID card in person must submit the following documents before a REAL ID-compliant driver license or ID card can be issued. Please note that the name assigned to the Social Security Number (SSN) must match the name that will appear on the Florida driver license or ID card. Customers who have recently changed their name should update their records with the Social Security Administration before applying for a driver license or ID card.

1. Primary Identification - An original of one of the following documents with complete name

  • Valid alien registration receipt card (green card, form I-551)
  • I-551 stamp in passport or on I-94
  • Immigration judge's order, containing your A-number (admissions number) granting asylum
  • I-797, containing your A-number, stating you have been granted asylum
  • I-797, or another form from the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), with your A-number, stating your application for refugee status is approved


2. Proof of Social Security - An original of one of the following documents with complete name and complete Social Security Number

  • Social Security Card
  • W-2 form (not handwritten)
  • Pay check/stub
  • SSA-1099
  • 1099 form (not handwritten)


3. Proof of Residential Address - Any two of the following documents, copies are accepted

Current driver license or ID card may not be used as proof of residential address. 

  • Deed, mortgage, monthly mortgage statement, mortgage payment booklet or residential rental/lease agreement
  • Florida voter registration card
  • Florida vehicle registration or title
  • Utility bill
  • A utility hook up or work order - not more than 60 days old
  • Automobile payment booklet
  • Selective service card 
  • Medical or health card with address listed
  • Current homeowner insurance policy or bill
  • Current automobile insurance policy or bill
  • Educational institution transcript for the current school year
  • Unexpired professional license issued by a government agency in the U.S.
  • W2 form or 1099 form
  • Form DS2019, Certificate of Eligibility for Exchange Visitor (J-1) status
  • Mail from financial institutions including checking, savings or investment account statements
  • Mail from federal, state, county or city government agencies
  • A letter from a homeless shelter, transitional service provider or a half-way house verifying they receive your mail. The letter must be accompanied by a Certification of Address form
  • If you reside with someone, provide proof of their residential address and complete a Certification of Address form



All content © 2018 Constitutional Tax Collector, Serving Palm Beach County  |   Privacy Policy and Terms of Service  
301 North Olive Avenue, P O Box 3715, West Palm Beach, FL 33402   |    561-355-2264