Top Ten Tips to Lose Wait
Many of us tune in to the Top Ten List for late night laughs. Here are my no-nonsense tips to reduce your wait in our service centers.
10. Go online. Pay non-delinquent property taxes, local business tax receipts, and auto tag renewals from your home or office. NOTE: You can renew your driver license one time online, but if you need to become Real ID compliant you MUST go in person to a service center.
9. Plan your visit. November through March is peak season. Lines form as early as 7am. If you are on a walker or need special assistance do not stand in line. Please go directly to the reception desk.
8. Use a drop box. There is a drop box at each location for Vehicle Registration Renewals, Property Tax Payments and Local Business Tax Receipt Payments. You don’t have to stand in line to use a drop box.
7. Renew for two! You can renew your vehicle registration for two years instead of one.
6. Plan ahead. Don’t wait until the last minute. Remember, you can renew your driver license up to 18 months in advance. You can also renew your vehicle registration 3 months in advance.
5. Avoid Mondays and Fridays. Offices tend to be busier than on mid-week days.
4. Avoid the first and last day of the month.
3. Check out service center wait times before you leave. We post wait times for high volume services. That means driver license services, property taxes, vehicle registration, vessel and mobile home title transfer wait times are posted on our website. Or text waitpbc to 41411 on your mobile device for driver license wait times.
2. Schedule a driver license appointment on line up to 3 months in advance at any of 5 conveniently located Service Centers. Road tests are not available at our West Palm Beach location.
1. Bring the right stuff! Homeland Security requires specific documents for a Real ID compliant driver license or state ID. Get our handy Real ID checklist to help you prepare.
|Contact:||Anne Gannon, Constitutional Tax Collector|