For our employees… We are committed to honesty, fairness and providing a safe and healthy working environment that respects the dignity of every staff member.
For our clients and community… We are committed to providing excellent and uncompromising service while providing information that is accurate, completely objective, relevant, timely and understandable.
For our suppliers and partners… We are committed to transparency and openness that protects and ensures the proper use of agency assets.
In all our transactions… We promise strict adherence with applicable government laws, rules and regulations, avoiding impropriety or the appearance of impropriety in the performance of our duties. Compliance with the law does not comprise our entire ethical responsibility; rather, it defines our minimal standard.
Palm Beach County Ethics Pledge
The following principles are standards of conduct which define the essentials of honorable behavior in our community:
- I pledge to maintain the highest standards of behavior and to follow laws, regulations and policies which apply to me. I will take full responsibility for learning and complying with laws and rules governing the standards of conduct for my position, profession and office.
- I pledge to disclose situations in which a personal interest conflicts with my professional or public obligations, and to take action to avoid all actual and perceived conflicts of interest.
- I pledge to neither use nor allow the use of resources or information to improperly or illegally further any interest.
- I pledge to make good on my promises and to avoid making promises or commitments I cannot reasonably expect to fulfill.
- I pledge to help create and atmosphere of respect and civility where individuals and the public are free to express their ideas and work to their full potential.
- I pledge to be truthful and respectful in all communications as this is vital for sound decision making for my business or community.
- I pledge to work together with others, recognizing that unity of purpose and effort leads to greater accomplishments.
By following these principles and maintaining the highest ethical standards, I make my community greater and stronger than it was when I became a part of it.
“No Gift” Policy
On February 1, 2007, the newly-elected Tax Collector Anne Gannon implemented a rigid “No Gift” policy throughout her office, including the service centers. The revised “No Gift” policy bars any employee of the Office of the Constitutional Tax Collector from accepting any type of gift, including food.
Policy: Consistent with Florida Statutes, public officers and employees of the Tax Collector’s Office may not solicit, accept, or agree to accept gifts from any customer or office vendor.
To provide unparalleled service that inspires trust