Proof of Identity Document List
Click to View
PROOF OF IDENTITY
Primary Identification – An original of one of the following documents with complete name
- Valid driver license/ID card
- U.S. birth certificate, including some U.S. territories and District of Columbia (birth certificates from Puerto Rico must have an issue date after July 1, 2010)
- Valid U.S. passport or passport card
- Consular Report of Birth Abroad
- Certificate of Naturalization, form N-550 or form N-570
- Certificate of Citizenship, form N-560 or form N-561
- Only a birth certificate issued by a county health department or the CDC Bureau of Vital Statistics will be accepted. Hospital birth certificates are not considered a certified document and will not be accepted.
- When applicable, an original or certified copy of a government issued marriage certificate, court order or divorce decree, which MUST contain the seal from the issuing agency, must be provided to link the name on the primary identification to the name on the license or ID card.