Don't waste your time in line!
Many common driver license transactions do not require you to come in to our service center.
Take your hour back by completing your driver license transaction online. You can renew, replace or update your driver license online if:
- You have not previously used the one-time online convenience renewal ⇒ Learn more
- Your driver license is REAL ID compliant ⇒ Learn more
- You do not have a stop, hold or other violation on your driver license ⇒ Learn more
Pay In Person
You must visit our service center if:
- Your driver license is not REAL ID compliant ⇒ Learn more
- You have a stop, hold or other violation on your driver license ⇒ Learn more
- You are getting your first Florida driver license ⇒ Learn more
- You already used your one-time online renewal ⇒ Learn more
- You changed your name ⇒ Learn more
- You let your driver license expire
- You want to update your photo
- You hold a Commercial Driver License (CDL)
- You want to add or remove a designation ⇒ Learn more
- Your driver license has the word “Temporary” on it ⇒ Learn more
Prepare for Your Visit
If you must come in, follow these tips to make your visit quick and efficient!
- Palm Beach County residents make an appointment today. Make an appointment now.
- Don’t wait until the last minute. You can renew your license 18 months before it expires.
- Perform a free driver license check-up to see if you have any stops, holds or violations. Clearances can be processed at our office if you bring the required documentation. ⇒ Learn more
- Bring the required identification documents with you. ⇒ Learn more
- Wear a face mask. Anyone entering the tax collector's office shall be required to wear a face mask or cloth face covering.
- Observe social distancing. Clients shall be required to observe socail distancing by keeping at least 6 feet of distance from other clients and following all markings on sidewalks and inside offices.
- Come to your appointment alone. Only the person with the appointment will be permitted into the tax collector's office.
- Do not pay by cash.Clients should be prepared to pay by credit or debit card or a contactless payment method such as Apple, Google or Samsung Pay.