Online Portal Help
Online Portal Troubleshooting and Help
If you experience issues using the TDT online portal, please check these common issues and resolutions.
ISSUE: I did not receive an email to complete the login process.
- The verification email comes from an email called Administrator Account <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
- Please check your Spam or Junk folder for this email.
- Verify you did not make any errors when entering your email address. We find some clients may add an extra space or there is a typo in the email address itself.
ISSUE: I received the email but the link does not work.
- Make sure you view your email in HTML. If you are not viewing your email in HTML, the link may run in to other text in the email.
- If you are viewing your email in HTML and the link still does not work, have the account holder send us an email to request authorization. They must also provide their name, user ID and phone number. Only and authorized Director or Designee can authorize a user.
ISSUE: I need assistance setting up my TDT account.
- Please visit our TDT Support Center and read our how to guides Before Getting Started and Create Your Login. These two guides provide step-by-step instructions for setting up your TDT account.
- The TDT Support Center also contains other how to guides including how to file a return and remit taxes and how an agent should create a login.
- These same how to guides are linked in the portal.
ISSUE: I don't know what name to enter on the Terms and Conditions page.
- Scroll to the top of the page. The name you used to set up the account is in the top right corner. This is the name you must enter on the Terms and Conditions page.
- IMPORTANT: If you do not agree to the Terms and Conditions, you will not be granted access to the TDT online portal. Penalties, fees and interest may apply if you do not set up your account in the portal in a timely manner.
ISSUE: I'm trying to assign an agent to my property but I don't see my agent listed.
- Confirm that an agent, and not a property management company, is paying on your behalf.
- Your property can be self-managed, agent-managed or company-managed. For more information, please the how to guide Before Getting Started - Property Owners.
- If an agent is managing your account, you must ask your agent to create their login in the TDT online portal. Once their login is created, you will see them in the dropdown box on the "My Accounts" page in the portal.
ISSUE: My agent or property manager no longer wants to file and pay my Tourist Development Taxes. What should I do?
- If an agent is assigned, the property owner is still able to file and pay taxes.
- The property owner should revoke authorization from the agent. Accounts with a status of "Agent Assigned" have icons to revoke the agent. A pop up box will appear to confirm the change.
- If your property is managed by a company, you must set up a new account and close your old account.
- To close your old account, please contact the TDT Hotline at 561-355-3547 Monday through Friday, 8:15 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. to speak with a TDT client service specialist who will email a change request form to you.
ISSUE: I set my account start date to the wrong date and the filing periods are not correct.
- The date started on the TDT account can be adjusted. The Business Acount Start Date cannot be changed.
- The date cannot be set prior to the July 2018 filing period which is when the TDT online portal went live.
- For more assistance, please contact the TDT Hotline at 561-355-3547.
ISSUE: I need to change my mailing address. How do I do that in the portal?
- Refer to our how to guide Update Your Mailing Address.
- It takes approximately 30 minutes for the change to update in our agency's tax system.
- Remember to update your mailing address with the Palm Beach County Property Appraiser or your mailing address may revert back to the old address during the next tax year.
ISSUE: I made an error when I was entering my account information. What happens next?
- The payment will be rejected within 3 days and you will receive an email notification.
- If you need to void a payment, contact the TDT Hotline immediately. Our TDT client service specialists can ask a manager to void the payment. You can then restart the process in about 1 hour.
- If you made the error after regular business hours, the payment will be rejected in 3 days and you will receive an email notification.
ISSUE: My Property Control Number (PCN) does now show up when I enter it. I'm getting a system error.
- Some PCNs are confidential. Please contact the TDT Hotline for assistance.
- Some rental properties do not have a PCN. If the property is self-managed, you can use your business location to set up the business account. Contact the TDT Hotline for assistance with this procedure.
- In some cases, the property's address information is incomplete or missing information such as a ZIP code. Contact the TDT Hotline and one of our client service specialists will be able to correct the address and add the location for you.
TDT Hotline Contact Information
Please call 561-355-3547 Monday through Friday from 8:15 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.