How to File and Remit Payment
Everything you need to know about filing and remitting Tourist Development Tax can be found in our how to guide called File and Remit Payment. This guide offers complete step-by-step instructions.
- A tax return is not considered filed until payment is received.
- The deadline to file and remit payment is 11:59 p.m. EST on the 20th of every month.
- The filing period coincides with the month, i.e. 7 is July, 8 is August etc.
- You must file a return even during periods of no rental activity. Your return will indicate $0.00 due for that filing period. Make sure to file your zero return before the deadline to avoid a minimum $50 penalty and interest.
- The system allows 3 future periods to be filed. This is helpful when you know you will not be offering your property for rent. This is most common during the summer months (out of season).