Get Your Learner's License
Getting your Learner's License is just the beginning of this fun and exciting process! Make sure you understand each requirement and Florida Graduated Driving Licensing (GDL) laws for obtaining your Learner's License. If you have not downloaded our free study app called "In the Driver's Seat," download it today from the iOS App Store or Google Play.
- Must be at least 15 years old
- If you are under 18 years old, you must have a signed/notarized Parental Consent Form. Step-parents may not sign unless they have legally adopted the minor child.
- Provide proof that you passed the Traffic Law and Substance Abuse Education (TLSAE) course
- Pass a vision and hearing test in one of our service centers
- Pass the Class E Knowledge Exam
- Study the official Florida Driver License Handbook
- Take a practice exam using our app
- Exam consists of 50 multiple choice questions about traffic laws and signs
- Passing score is 80 percent (40 out of 50 questions answered correctly)
- Provide proof of your identity, your social security number and your residential address
- Review this list of required documents
KEYS TO SUCCESS
- Download our free app called "In the Driver's Seat" today! It's available for iOS and Android devices. Our app contains a complete copy of the Florida Driver Handbook along with safety tips and practice tests.
- When you're ready to visit one of our service centers, remember to make an appointment. But don't procrastinate! Appointments are usually booked about 4-6 weeks out. You can schedule your appointment online or through the app.