Florida Birth Certificates
Effective Thursday, March 19, 2020, all Palm Beach County Tax Collector offices are closed to the public until further notice.
Our agency has suspended issuing Florida birth certificates as they must be obtained in person.
Birth certificates for individuals born in Florida are now available for purchase in our Service Centers.
Computer certifications are accepted by all state and federal agencies and used for any type of travel.
A computer certification has two different formats:
1. A certification of a registered birth (2004 to present), supplies the following birth facts:
• Child’s name
• Date of birth
• Place of birth (city, county, and location)
• Parents information
2. A certification of a registered birth (1930 – 2003), supplies the following birth facts:
• Child’s name
• Date of birth
• County of birth
• Parent’s names
Steps for Getting a Florida Birth Certificate:
1. Bring Photo ID
Any applicant, self, parent, guardian, or legal representative, must provide a valid photo identification.
Acceptable forms of ID include:
- Driver’s License
- State Identification Card
- Military Identification Card
2. Determine Eligibility
Birth certificates can only be issued to:
- The registrant (the child named on the birth record) if 18 years old or older.
- The parent of the child named on the birth record.
Birth Records Older than 100 Years:
Any person of legal age may be issued a copy of a birth record except for those under seal for a birth event that occurred over 100 years ago.
Birth Records Under Seal:
Birth Records under seal by reason of adoption, paternity determination or court order cannot be order in the usual manner.
For a record under seal, contact:
Bureau of Vital Statistics
ATTN: Records Amendment Section
P.O. Box 210
Jacksonville, FL 32231-0042
3. Provide Certificate Holder Information
Information needed about the person named on the birth certificate:
- Full name at birth and any subsequent legal name changes.
- Date of birth.
- City or county of birth.
- Mother’s full name including her maiden surname.
- Father’s full name (if he is on the record).
4. Complete Applicant Information
Information needed about the person obtaining the birth certificate:
- Full name.
- Relationship to person named on the certificate (father, mother, self, etc.).
- Mailing address (including city, state, and zip code).
- Daytime phone number.
Any applicant who willfully and knowingly provides any false information on a certificate, record or report required by Chapter 382, Florida Statutes, or on any application or affidavit, or who obtains confidential information from any Vital Record under false or fraudulent purpose, commits a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in Chapter 775, Florida Statutes.
Fees & Payment
Certified Computer Birth Certificate: $21.25
Additional copies ordered at the same time: $10.00 each
Forms of payment: Cash (no refunds and no checks or credit cards)