1st Time Driver
Get Your Intermediate License
You must be at least 16-years-old and have held a learner’s license for at least one year or until your 18th birthday (whichever comes first), with no traffic convictions.
Before you come to see us:
- Practice the driving test maneuvers.
- Have valid insurance and registration for your vehicle (you’ll take the road test in your own vehicle).
- Bring a parent. Sixteen and seventeen year olds must have a parent or guardian at their appointment to sign the Certification of Driving Experience of a Minor. If they can't make it to the appointment, bring a notarized consent form.
When you get here:
- Check in at the reception desk.
- Take the road test in your own vehicle with a driver license examiner.
- Say 'Cheese'! After passing the road test you’ll be issued an intermediate license.
When you leave:
- Buckle up. Your seat belt may save your life.
- Obey all traffic laws. Tickets equal points that can lead to license suspensions.
- Never eat, drink or use your phone while you're driving.
- Don't drive angry, sad or upset. Emotions can affect your ability to drive safely.