Civic Engagement Liaison
$62,000 – $75,000/yr
The Palm Beach County Tax Collector’s is seeking an experienced Civic Engagement Liaison for its countywide operations based in West Palm Beach.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for a territorial outreach campaign, inclusive of:
- Identifying and planning outreach activities to achieve outreach objectives and measurable outcomes;
- Creating written copy for a multitude of communications in a range of voices and styles;
- Research and communication on the potential effects of local and state policy initiatives;
- Research and response to a wide range of public inquiries;
- Development and expansion of productive professional contacts with appointed and elected officials and their staff members, as well as community stakeholders;
- Project management of multiple, simultaneous initiatives.
This position requires a bachelor’s degree in Communications, Political Science or a related field with the following experience: at least four consecutive years of community or issue campaign organization; seven or more years in public affairs or marketing; or an equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the requisite skills, knowledge and abilities for this job. Position requires a valid Florida driver’s license and at least 30% local travel.
This position will be posted through February 28, 2021. Qualified applicants must complete all portions of the job application form to be considered
We offer excellent benefits including participation in the Florida Retirement System and your choice of two medical plan options.