Everything You Need to Know
The 2020 property tax season began Sunday, Nov. 1, and payments are due by March 31, 2021. This year, take the stress out of paying property taxes by paying online. It’s safe, simple and smart!
Pay Smart. Pay Online.
We have all experienced more than enough stress and uncertainty due to the pandemic. Take the stress and uncertainty out of paying your property taxes by paying online.
Save Money by Paying Early
Property tax is payable November 1 to March 31. Save money by taking advantage of early payment discounts.
Discounts for early payment are:
- 4% in November
- 3% in December
- 2% in January
- 1% in February
There is no discount for payments made in March.
Top Five Benefits of Paying Property Taxes Online
- It’s safe! Protect your health. Stay home and pay online.
- It’s easy! In just a few clicks, you’re done. No login or password required.
- It’s fast! Online payments take only 1-3 days to process. Compare that to mailed payments which can take up to 15 days to process – not counting U.S. postal service delivery time.
- It’s thrifty! Avoid credit card fees and save money by using eCheck – it’s FREE.
- It’s smart! When you pay your 2020 property taxes online, you’re choosing the safest, easiest and fastest way to pay. And you’ll save money. Now that’s smart!
Didn’t Receive Your Bill?
If you did not receive your 2020 property tax bill in early November you can view, print or pay your bill online. This gives you peace of mind that you are paying the correct amount due and confirms we received your payment.
Also, make sure your address is up to date with the Palm Beach County Property Appraiser’s Office. We mail over 600,000 property tax bills to the owner and address of the record on file with the Property Appraiser’s Office.
Just a reminder… If you do not receive your property tax bill, you are still responsible for paying the total amount due before April 1.
Florida Statutes, Chapter 197, Section 122 states:
All owners of property are held to know that taxes are due and payable annually and are responsible for ascertaining the amount of the current and delinquent taxes and paying them before April 1 of the following year in which taxes are assessed.
Frequently Asked Questions
When will my payment be processed?
Online payments will be processed within 1-3 business days. Mailed payments will be processed within 10-12 business days. For the fastest processing time pay online!
What are my payment options?
1. Pay Online by eCheck or credit/debit card. eCheck is free. If paying by credit/debit card there is a 2.4% convenience fee collected by the vendor and not retained by our office.
2. Pay using our secure Drop Box. Drop boxes are located in the lobby of each of our service centers and only accessible during business hours.
3. Pay by U.S. Postal Service. Simply include your payment with the return envelope. Please do not tape, staple or paperclip your payment stub. Please note, processing time for mailed payments is 10-12 business days, not including U.S. postal service delivery time.
4. Pay by wire. For instructions, please complete this form.
5. Pay in person at one of our service centers. Please note, due to COVID-19 we are only serving Palm Beach County residents by appointment only.
Still have Questions?
Fill out the form below to contact our Client Advocate.