The 2017 Property Tax season is officially underway! My agency sent nearly 700,000 tax bills and opened collection of $3.7 billion in revenues on November 1. Here are some helpful tips designed to ensure your payment is processed quickly, saving you time and money in the process.
• Didn’t receive your bill? You must still pay by the March 31, 2018, deadline. Visit www.pbctax.com to search, view, and pay online. You can also print a duplicate tax bill for your records.
• Save money by paying early! Discounts are: November 4%, December 3%, January 2% and February 1%. There is no discount in March.
• Property taxes are due by March 31, 2018.
Taxes are delinquent on April 1.
• Installment Payment Plan members make four quarterly payments. Apply now for the 2018 Property Tax Season.
• Mailing your payment? Please remember:
• Don’t staple, tape, fold or paper clip your payment!
Our high speed processing equipment will reject your payment and require extra processing time.
• Write your Property Control Number (PCN) on your payment.
• Do not write on the payment stub and use the enclosed return envelope.
• Avoid a trip to a service center and pay your taxes online. Use eCheck (it's free!) or a credit card. We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. A 2.5% convenience fee applies and is collected by the credit card vendor. Convenience fees are not retained by the Tax Collector’s office.
Veterans Day is Friday, November 10 and our offices will be closed. According to the 2016 U.S. Census, Palm Beach County is home to 91,000 veterans. Thank you for your service!
Anne M. Gannon
Constitutional Tax Collector